Friday, February 24, 2017

Still in Boot Key Harbor

We are going to be in Boot Key for a while it seems.  I tried to renew our boat insurance and found that I had lost my discount through West Marine since the company has been sold and they no longer offer discounts.  I was completely unaware of this so now we are spending our days trying to arrange new coverage.  At least we have a few weeks to take care of this.  We face the problem of our boat not being "average" for it's age or make.  Also it's an older boat and we want to travel outside the US coastal waters and we homeport in Florida, all detractors to the insurers.  We're not comfortable leaving and trying to negotiate from the Bahamas so now we wait for a good insurance resolution and another weather window.  This trip is starting to drive me crazy with snafus!!!!  It will all work out but good thoughts and prayers appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment