Friday, March 17, 2017

Plants of Bimini

I love plants and miss my yard but I do enjoy seeing all the great specimens as we travel. I have used  many of these plants as annuals in our neck of the world or indoor potted plants.  Really neat to see them in their more native setting.
The start of the south Bimini nature trail.  There is good signage and
a huge variety of plant and animal species to see.  The critters were either
too fast or too camouflaged to photograph. 

I love the variety of green and have used it a lot in mixed pot arrangements.
It never gets to be over 6 feet wide by 6 feet tall in NW Florida.

sansevieria grows wild all over the Bahamas.  It grows in pots on my patio.
sansevieria bloom
This gumbo limbo canopy over the path reminded us of the scene in
The Wizard of Oz where they are walking through the forest.

I've never seen seed pods on this plant before.  Apparently a rare event.

You can see this one has already opened up.

A baby coconut palm.

The traill really changes as we approach the shore.

This field looked painted orange from a distance.

The little white flower on the orange stems made quite a contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment