Wednesday, February 13, 2019

This and That

These pictures were deemed blogworthy but didn't really have a category.  Part of living aboard.
I made several hatch covers for rainy days.  We had tested them for fit but never
have used them until now.  This one is over the forward hatch and works well
as long as the rain is not blowing hard straight at us.  This allows us to  keep the hatch
open and let air in while it's raining.  Especially important on hot days.

New bike trunk loaded with groceries and mail.  The side pockets fold out.  Yes, I did
adjust the load to keep the panniers off the wheels.

Ouchy!  We had very strong head winds headed to Mass on Sunday and I was
drafting (following very close behind another bike) off of David.  I got a bit too close
and my front wheel kissed his rear wheel and down I went.  Could have been worse
but this one one of my favorite pair of capris.

This restaurant is on the way home from church.  It is always filled to
capacity.  The food is so good we wait.  I love all the signs spread throughout
the dining area and bathrooms.  I'll never think of bacon the same way again! 

More humor from Stout's.  You have to follow government edicts to stay in
business but the law doesn't say you can't make fun of them!

Always wanted to be train robbers!  This is a historic train dining car.  It
used to be a visitors center for Pigeon Key.  Now it's waiting restoration from
Hurricane Irma damage by Crane Point Nature Center.  We started wearing more
protection for our faces and seemed like a good place to pose as bandits.

We wanted to inspect one of our water tanks so we moved all the cushions and
I thought I show you some of what gets hidden away usually.  This is one side and
the compartments are deep enough to stow quite a bit of food and gear with easy
access to the cabin.

We had to move the piece of wood that the cushions rest on to gain access
to the water tank access panels.  The piece of wood moves out towards the  center
of the cabin to make a narrow bunk  We use it to watch movies.  Just wide enough
and long enough to hold us.

1 comment: