Friday, January 18, 2019

Some Niceties of Life

I thought I would share some of the things we have added to make life living aboard full time a bit nicer.  Nothing really essential but simply nice.
This solar panel is removable and can be stowed inside on long passages.  This keeps it
from becoming salt encrusted.  It also is movable so we can take advantage of the shifting
angles of the sun or as the boat moves in the wind and current.

My new padded dinghy seat.  This is essentially our way around once we are anchored.

I found this small griddle at a camping supply place and it fits perfectly on
the 2 small, front burners of the stove.  This allows me to make a full on breakfast
and keep things warm.

This small tent heater has really been nice this trip.  When it is cold and we aren't
plugged in, this heats up the cabin or the cockpit until the sun is up and warms us up.

I saw this idea in a cruising magazine and was able to adapt it to
Blue Moon.  The baskets hang from cuphooks and give me a well ventilated
area to store fresh vegetables.

Green bags really help make produce last longer.  There is such limited space in the
fridge and shopping opportunities are sometimes rare,you do what you can to make things last.

Laundry may not be my favorite thing but clean socks and underwear just need to
happen sometimes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment