Saturday, January 14, 2017

Other odds and ends

My end of the cruising bargain is logistics.  I provision, figure out the entertainment end of things and make the computer work.  It may be his boat but it is my home and I try to make things as comfortable and convenient as possible.  I bought an upgraded model of my previous WiFi extender and after some initial hiccups, it is now working.  I've also upgraded the router so our Roku stick, computer and tablet all place nice.  Next week I'll add the printer I bought and get it all networked in so he can have a hard copy of his weather maps. I've also added some 12 volt inverters to save having to be either plugged into a dock or running our whole boat inverter just to pull in grib files or quickly check email.  I also activated our hotspot so as long as we have a cell signal or an nearby WiFi signal, we'll be connected.  Near yacht clubs and most spots in the US there shouldn't be any limitation other than power but the Bahamas will be another story.
Grand baby calendar


Stick up LED lights

Installing WiFi extender

4 months of staples
Making sure glass has a chance of surviving

No comments:

Post a Comment