Thursday, December 8, 2022

Slaves to Beauty

 It's been a while since I updated but I woefully underestimated how much data I needed to buy for the hotspot.  At first, I thought I had a bad unit then the provider said they had a technical issue and there were indeed guys climbing the local tower.  Finally I got a representative that told me I was out of data.  So, I doubled my quota and we can now watch tv and blog and check email!!!  The first full week was mostly chores but we did manage to fit in time to socialize, get a few workouts and keep the pantry full.

We spent a fair bit of time being
Blue Moon's slaves.  We like her to look good and that means manual labor.  Every six months the varnish needs a light sanding and a few more coats of high quality varnish.  first you have to scoot along the deck taping it all off.  What a PAIN.  I have a pad to protect my knees from the
non-skid and David worked the side from the dinghy.

Our neighbor, Robert, is on a beautiful Shannon 38. He kindly
shared a picture of the work in progress.

All taped up on the starboard side.

We have long traveler tracks on both sides.  We needed to tape off
the tops and edges to prevent  varnish from accumulating and
making it hard to move the traveler.  We really need that to make 
the shape of our genoa fit the wind conditions.  We also have moveable
cleats on the track to give us more options in tieing on lines and fenders.

All nice and shiny again for this round.

No, cruising is not all fruity rum drinks!


No comments:

Post a Comment