Thursday, January 9, 2020

West of Okeechobee

We stopped this time in Moore Haven, a first for us as I said previously.  Turns out to be a friendly spot with the city putting out the welcome mat with a great  dock and convenient restrooms and showers. From there it is a 2 day trip to Fort Myers.  We are currently in LaBelle and I'll post more on it in the future.
Very true slogan.

The city hall and city park are across from the dock.  This lovey cypress
was a feature near the tennis courts.

It had the strangest knees I have ever seen with sharp angles rising up. 
I'm more used to seeing rounded ones.

One of several irrigation locks we passed.  Cattle, sugar cane, oranges
and other crops are common all around the lake.  Competing water usage is always
an issue as the lake also feeds the Everglades.

These unique window coverings were all along the second floor of this
restaurant.  I"m sure it make a picturesque place to watch the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment