Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Catching Up 1

It is has been a while but I'm trying to cram in almost two weeks of stuff so sit back and enjoy.  It was an eventful time.  Once we made the decision not to sit and wait for the right weather for the Tortugas, we shifted into  get-on-the-road mode.  That meant ordering any last minute items and waiting for them to come in.  Some things we ordered were misrouted so that took time as well.  We didn't waste that time though!  There were bands to listen to, dancing, sewing and general maintenance.  Side trips to take and new places to go and see were fit in as well.  Time spent with new friends and old friends.  I'm still trying to get my lips back from their sunburn/windburn phase but I may have the little girl who drinks cherry kool-aid forever!  Such is life aboard.  Defects just add character, right?
These holes are all over the area where we keep our bikes.  Turns out there
are very large crabs making their homes here.  They refused to pose for the camera
but they were fascinating to watch.

The sun/rain shade deployed.  Thanks to the couple on Aquila for loaning
me theirs to copy.

I installed snap shackles on one side for the attach points on the lifelines
so moving to the front of the boat didn't have to involve climbing over
the lines.  Short legged people think about those things.

The night of the full moon was overcast but still pretty as it peaked
through holes.

Same shot as above but different setting.  I couldn't decide which I liked
better, so I included both.

No comments:

Post a Comment