Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Packing to Go

This trip is only going to be for 4-5 weeks but we need to see how things will pack up for a longer trip since we do hope to make more of those in the future.  To that end, we both have organized our man-land and woman-land areas and made lists letting us know where all that junk is so we can find it once it's put away.  That sounds intuitive but it's not.  We took a few trips on Sanctuary before we managed to come up with a workable system.  Now all we have to do is put stuff back where we said it belongs!!

The companionway leading into the cockpit has a great spot for storing
small or quickly needed items.  This is the cover to the engines which is very
accesable once all the stuff is off.

One great thing the previous owners did is convert hanging locker (closet) space.
Instead of lots of rod space, this locker in the v-berth now has much more utile shelves.

I love lightweight, easy to place racks to add double decks in my storage areas.

I have a great pantry in the main cabin hanging locker.

The boat used to have a second head in the v-berth area.  Room now for more storage.

This hanging locker is just as you go out into the cockpit.  This is a convenient
place for foul weather gear, life jackets and the like.


Some pages of my woman-land list.  It has the item, how many I have and where I put it.

This area under the galley dish drainer holds quite a bit so I numbered the bins and
enter those on the provisioning list so I can find things.  Under this compartment is deep
storage for rarely needed (we hope anyway) spare parts.

I have diagrams to show where all the things on the provisioning list are located.
Happily, there is a lot more of these than I had on Sanctuary.

We plan to be out over Christmas so my handy-dandy little microfiber tree needed a place too.

Some of the stuff that needed to find a home.

We won't go hungry!

Amazingly, it's all put away and things look ship-shape.

Ready for bed with plenty of books to read along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment